PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1985 ct70 - new air filter , new spark plug, carb is fine etc..fuel flow good i am having a problem with the bike stalling while in first gear and sitting idle...the bike idles fine in neutral - but when in first gear will stall... i turn up idle and turn in air screw..... all good on idle - idles perfcet - the choke is very sensetive... if bike is idling fine in neutral and i turn choke on and reduce air bike will go wot / full throttle.. whats wrong here??? i have been trying to fix this for ages.. there are no air leaks as i have sprayed carb cleaner all over while running and no changes... can it be something in the carb? can in the the choke? any ideas????

·
Super Moderator
10,627 Posts
Carb is fine? Have you actually taken the carb apart and thoroughly cleaned all the passageways an the pilot jet. Clean and oiled air filter?
tmas

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new air filter... i am sure i have taken carb apart and cleaned the jets.. can there be a blockage in the idle circuits somewhere i cant see??? can it be idle jet if bike idles fine when in neutral but dies when riding and in gear stopped at stop sign? not getting enough power on idle jet when in gear?? do i check the jets again????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts