PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm considering having my 1970 CT70 engine rebuilt and found a rebuild service on Ebay with good feedback but wondering if anyone here has used them or if Myminimotors happens to be a member here? MY CT original engine has almost 3,100 miles and runs strong but I just want it fresh top to bottom. Thanks!

·
Registered
992 Posts
If you want someone good to build an engine for you, contact Terry of FirePowerMinis. Although he did tell me recently that he was cutting back on some of the builds he was doing. He's A+ though if he'll build the motor for you.

Another option could be to contact the guy that sells the Honda 50 rebuild dvds on ebay (78Dodge). I bought the dvds from him, and he walks you through an entire disassembly and rebuild. He also talks about how he builds tons of motors for customers. I haven't had work done by him, but he seems to really know these engines.
Honda Z50 CT70 Engine Rebuild on DVD 3DVDS | eBay

no idea what either one of these guys would charge though.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Here are a few Ct70s I just restored. I can do a nice job on you're engine if interested

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few Ct70s I just restored. I can do a nice job on you're engine if interested
Geezer,

WOW! I am very interested in having you rebuild my engine, your builds look great! I have a 1970 KO Ruby Red that I was told was a very early vin when I bought it IDK? CT70180144? I have never checked the vin on the engine to see how close it is to the frame. The bike runs good with 3,100 miles but I know it can be better. I live in Iowa and we got our first snow today so I am in no hurry and wouldn't need it back until early March. What does an average rebuild cost? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If that is the correct miles I wouldn't think it would be over 500 but no way to tell until I open it up
Geezer,

Are you able to PM me? I looked for the option but cannot find it. From what I've read, you are the best around with these motors. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Saw the previous post trail. I have a few CT70's needing restoration. Looking for engine rebuild service. How do I get in contact with you?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Hi. I have not done them. But I can do any engine. I can make them go real fast too. I’m in south New Jersey. “Blackwood “

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I'm considering having my 1970 CT70 engine rebuilt and found a rebuild service on Ebay with good feedback but wondering if anyone here has used them or if Myminimotors happens to be a member here? MY CT original engine has almost 3,100 miles and runs strong but I just want it fresh top to bottom. Thanks!
We build all engines Minibikeguy on eBay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts