PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had this ct70 frame for about 7 years wasn’t too sure how to go about building it.

Then I recently bought another Honda but it’s a 91 Civic Si.

As you can see they’re both projects. My Civic is what gave me the idea for how to finally start on my CT70.
They’re both gonna be the same colour Tahitian Green Pearl it’s the colour of my Civic. I hope nobody minds me posting updates on both in this thread, though obviously the focus of this thread will be the CT70.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Tahitian green pearl is my favorite color for that generation civic. Always wanted one.
Ended up finding a original 91 SI that a women had owned since 1993 and never modified. But it’s the generic red. They are fun cars stock. But makes me itch for DOHC VTEC power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Actually it’s an AF and in 84-87 they were Civic CRX. The second gen, 88-91 was just a CRX. On the rear there is a Civic badge on the left and CRX in the middle.

mine has a B16a1 right now in it. We are building mounts for the K series for it now. When those are done it’s getting a JDM K24a. will Tune it to 215 hp for the track. The 180 ft lbs will be stupid in this car as it tips the scales at 1985 lbs.

loop….. that’s a clean Civic hatch!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Tahitian green pearl is my favorite color for that generation civic. Always wanted one.
Ended up finding a original 91 SI that a women had owned since 1993 and never modified. But it’s the generic red. They are fun cars stock. But makes me itch for DOHC VTEC power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find a Z6 or Y8 head and slap it on the A6 engine already in your Si

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I love the idea of a matching set. If only the CT could hold up and hit into the back…like a plus sized Honda city/motocompo setup. Ha!

And I know everyone cases power. Hell, I’m guilty of it as well BUT I’ll throw my hat in the ring on the fact that driving a slow car fast beats driving a fast car slow any day of the week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
187 Posts
Totally agree! I have enjoyed racing lower powered cars much more than super high powered cars. Something about squeezing every ounce out. Also many of high powered cars have passed me on the main straight only to have me pass them two turns later.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
David always beats Goliath!! Maybe not to the checkered flag but in the drivers and the spectators. So much more fun to witness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts