PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up 4 ct70s frames with quite a bit of parts. Fast forward putting 1 together and the front wheel is not centered, brake side is 1 inch and the other is 5/8 from the forks. I measured and both halfs are exactly the same width, 1 5/8". Is one half supposed to be wider than the other half? 20171014_162105.jpg 20171014_162059.jpg 20171014_162010.jpg

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
According to HERE, the rim halves are assigned separate part numbers, and listed as Left or Right. My best guess is due to one side having the hole for the tube valve stem, just like the Z50 wheel halves. I do know the Z wheel halves are different widths

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
Try unbolting the rim/wheel from the hub and flipping it around see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Long shot, but I'm wondering if its an issue with the anti hub rotation tab. In the 2nd pic it appears to be sitting well away from the fork tubes, as if its not seated on correctly. Just can't tell from the image but you will know this is the case if the fork leg bottom is not sitting against the hub. If the tab slot is not wide enough it would position the wheel closer to the other fork, so just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
10,180 Posts
To add to what Darrie said above, a member over on lilhonda.com was having alignment issues with his CT70. As it turns out, the aftermarket brake panel slot wasn't wide enough to fit on the fork tab properly.

Click HERE to see the thread.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Reading right to the end of that other thread it seems like the CHP aftermarket hubs were the issue with the wheel not siting right - they just weren't built to the right specs. So if the hub is your issue its either a case of grinding away material to make it sit more flush to the forkleg ..that may mean grinding where the axle sleeve hole sits up against the leg, or widening the section where the tab fits in if that's stopping it moving to the right.
Probably best if you source another brand aftermarket hub like that guy did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts