PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this suspension and if so how was it? Is the ride height changed with the forks? Its $300 for the front forks, but how much is it for the rear shock? I couldn't find it on the website, maybe someone else knows. :?:

·
Registered
100 Posts
i sat on thare TCS suspended 160 and it felt really plush but if i were going to get 110 suspension i would probably get the Big minis swingarm Stratos shock and Marzocci Inverted Shivver forks :D

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just figured it out and I can get a KX65 for $1500 easy in good shape. So if you figure $800 for the shock and forks from TCS with shipping. I can sell the motor from the 65, and the exhaust, plastics, frame, and seat. and it'll come out to be cheaper than the TCS suspension with Excel rims. Plus I'll have disk brakes, and a good suspension.

·
Registered
252 Posts
DirtySouthRacing said:
Well I just figured it out and I can get a KX65 for $1500 easy in good shape. So if you figure $800 for the shock and forks from TCS with shipping. I can sell the motor from the 65, and the exhaust, plastics, frame, and seat. and it'll come out to be cheaper than the TCS suspension with Excel rims. Plus I'll have disk brakes, and a good suspension.

then you still need to send the kx65 froks and shock out to go get re-valved and resprung, and then you can get a cartridge kit from R&D racing, and shock linkage that gives you 11" of travel! That is close to the setup that I want, but what I REALLY want is PPS 9" travel forks, kx65 swingarm, shock, and R&D linkage, all setup for my weight and ability 8)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is R&D Racing's website?

Plus my mechanic said he can get me springs for it to work with my weight for free and he'll re-valve it for free, he used to work for PE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
R&D Cartridge kit

mxrider said:
[quote name='DirtySouthRacing']Well I just figured it out and I can get a KX65 for $1500 easy in good shape. So if you figure $800 for the shock and forks from TCS with shipping. I can sell the motor from the 65, and the exhaust, plastics, frame, and seat. and it'll come out to be cheaper than the TCS suspension with Excel rims. Plus I'll have disk brakes, and a good suspension.

then you still need to send the kx65 froks and shock out to go get re-valved and resprung, and then you can get a cartridge kit from R&D racing, and shock linkage that gives you 11" of travel! That is close to the setup that I want, but what I REALLY want is PPS 9" travel forks, kx65 swingarm, shock, and R&D linkage, all setup for my weight and ability 8)[/quote] Has anyone tried the R&D cartridge fork set-up yet. I am looking to do this to my forks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.