PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to this scene and am addicted just seeing how happy my son gets when I tell him we are oing riding.. . My 9 year old started riding last year. I found a 2011 CRF70 in good shape.. he was having fun until his friend let him ride his TTR110.....The 70 is a good size for him now(same size as the 110).but would like to get more power ...I am going of my mind trying to figure out the best solution ..I have been looking for a 110 and would sell the 70 but can not find a reasonable 110 anywhere near me.

Then I was thinking just upgrade the motor...If I am going that option I was going to go with the TBparts 88c kit with cam, heads and carb. They said it will be a big difference. I am looking to get another year or more if possible. Is this a good option if I can not find a reasonable 110?

If I do the kit....do I need to upgrade to heavy duty clutch or can I just upgrade the stock clutch pads? Also the guy said i will be fine with my existing exhaust...Is that something i need to do now or can I wait a bit and save some $$$

thank you so much for your help...

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
The 88cc kit with race head, cam, and 20mm carb will give a noticeable boost in power. Their 108cc kit will make it as fast or faster than the 110. I have used the stock 70 exhaust with a 108cc kit and it performed well. If he is riding it wide open all the time and wanting more power, you can go with a larger carb and pipe on the 108cc. The stock clutch with heavy duty springs and new plates is sufficient, but the outer weights on the HondaTB heavy duty clutch are heavier than stock, making for quicker action of the centrifugal clutch. It hooks up much stronger than the stock clutch when shifting, which is fine for racing, but can be a bit much for putting around. At low speed, you have to keep the revs low while shifting to avoid the firm hook-up and unintended wheelie. There is a package HondaTB does with the high volume oil pump and their CDI box along with the 88cc top end. You will definitely want the high volume oil pump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much..The kit comes with Piston/cylinder, Race heads, cam, high volume oil pump CDI box and Carb...I will stick with stock clutch and change the pads ...Thank you again for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts