PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting my first mini bike I m looking at getting a CRF50 I was thinking of putting a 110cc engine will the frame and brakes be strong enough to if I put a 110cc engine on it?

I also I live in canada do I need to have a ownership for the bike?

·
Administrator
11,377 Posts
If your talking about a 110 China motor it will fit. Do you have a link to the motor? You don't need an ownership to ride on private property but having the ownership is a huge bonus. The original owner is the one who has to register the bike with the ministry. If they didn't do that then trying to get an ownership can be a royal PIA and you'll have to jump through the governments hula hoops to get one. I hope this helps.
tmas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your talking about a 110 China motor it will fit. Do you have a link to the motor? You don't need an ownership to ride on private property but having the ownership is a huge bonus. The original owner is the one who has to register the bike with the ministry. If they didn't do that then trying to get an ownership can be a royal PIA and you'll have to jump through the governments hula hoops to get one. I hope this helps.
tmas

The engine I wa looking at is a loncin 110cc there any street legal mini bkes being sold in canada?

NEW 110 CC ATV Horizontal Engine Dirt PIT Bike | eBay

·
Administrator
11,377 Posts
You can find CT70's & 1988 ZB50 which are street legal minis. Yamaha YSR 50 & 80's.The engine you are looking at is an electric start. I don't think it will fit. There are other China motors that will fit but with no E start.
tmas

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks I will try looking for one of those bikes.

I have been waiting for the ct70 clone bikes to come up here I would love to get one but it is hard to know what the government will allow and what they won't allow but it really goes back to how well you know the system.

·
Administrator
10,657 Posts
As a general rule, the top-mount e-start engines have clearance problems in the XR/CRF50 frames, and most times, the carb will hit the mainframe spine. The bottom-mount e-start engines will fit and allow you to run the carb and air filter the same as the stock XR/CRF50s do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.