PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys sry to bug ya, i have been doing my research and talking to alot of shops and from what i see TTR50's and the CRF50 frame and swing arm wise are identicle, is this correct? it seems like every part on ebay i ask a question to the selling about and the part is for a CRF50 they say it will fit the TTR, is this corect could somone clearthis up? for example i was told on another thread i made like a week ago that a KLK 110 stock shock would fit my TTR with no mods, wouldnt that mean all KLX shocks would work? do you see my point? i am just curious cause this would open my realm to a whole new list of parts.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
ive never seen one in person but from the photos ive seen it does look like yam ripped of the honda 50 but just gave it different motor and plastics

the frame/swingarm look to be very much the same

but please check as im not saying this is fact!

post sizes of the shock lenght and width of the mounts and someone might be able to tell you if there the same as honda

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Frame and swingarm WILL NOT interchange. Forks with a little modification can, and of course shock will.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The Swingarm of the ttr is narrower than that of the crf. I know a stock 110 shock won't fit on a stock crf50 because the subrame is too narrow on the lower part. I am not sure if the ttr is different.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
50minikid said:
The Swingarm of the ttr is narrower than that of the crf. I know a stock 110 shock won't fit on a stock crf50 because the subrame is too narrow on the lower part. I am not sure if the ttr is different.

ok well my main question i guess would be, would a shock that could fit a honda fitt a TTR50? cause i am looking at the fast ace ones on ebay for like $75, i called the owner of the guy who selling them, their shops called " PCC Motorsports" and he said it would work, but from how he sounded on the phone it was like he was yes-ing me to death so i wanted to be sure before i spent the money. :D also on here i looked up old threads and a bunch of old TTR50 members on here said there TTR50's had fast ace rear shocks but since they arent around anymore i cant PM them and ask which one they had.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
ok well I disagree. when you order spokes, rims, even swingarms they both say ttr/crf 50. and the front end has interchangeable parts. the neck may be different but the legs and springs and all swap. and ya swingarms swap too. maybe not stock stuff but the aftermarket does. TBR is what Im using as a reference.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
The shocks should be the same and about the swingarms a crf will work on a ttr with spacers but to put a ttr swingarm on a crf you have to cut the frame.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Im currently building a stock mod ttr50. I had a old XR70 swinger layin around, tryd to use it, it was too wide. I know you can mount this up on a stock CRF50 w/o problems. Idk about aftermarket swingers but idk how they would fit. But I do currently run a CRF50 shock, and rear wheel. I do know that FOX FLOAT shocks for the TTR50, CRF50, and KLX110 are the same. Just my 2.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
YZ250F4ever said:
hey guys sry to bug ya, i have been doing my research and talking to alot of shops and from what i see TTR50's and the CRF50 frame and swing arm wise are identicle, is this correct? it seems like every part on ebay i ask a question to the selling about and the part is for a CRF50 they say it will fit the TTR, is this corect could somone clearthis up? for example i was told on another thread i made like a week ago that a KLK 110 stock shock would fit my TTR with no mods, wouldnt that mean all KLX shocks would work? do you see my point? i am just curious cause this would open my realm to a whole new list of parts.

I know the Fox float will fit ( klx110 style) on a ttr50

as for swingarms I know they are close, but not exact...

I know i had a crf50 style swingarm and it wouldn't slide onto my ttr110.

The ttr50 swingarm would... So there is a little difference somewhere between the 2, but i did this over 6 months ago so i don't remember the exact details.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TyConway said:
I know the Fox float will fit ( klx110 style) on a ttr50

as for swingarms I know they are close, but not exact...

I know i had a crf50 style swingarm and it wouldn't slide onto my ttr110.

The ttr50 swingarm would... So there is a little difference somewhere between the 2, but i did this over 6 months ago so i don't remember the exact details.

thx for all the help guys now i know whats interchange able and whats not! much appreciated, my shock is the next buy so if CRF50 shocks work on the TTR thats great!! :D just curious if the stock TTR50 shock is 9in would you get a fast ace 10in shock (260mm) or would you get the 10.5in (270mm) what do you think, cause i am trying to level the bike out since the 2 Ho's kit i bought off doop lifted my front end up alot. thx for your help.....alex :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
doopsx3 said:
uhhhh...Dude..I told you I had that Polini shock on my son's TTR and that shock is 11" eye to eye

o sry doop i didnt recall you saying it was 11in, thx for the info tho.:D i would buy your shock its just as soon as i bought it i would need to get a stiffer spring for it ya know and i am just wanting to get a decent one for now, anyways thanks thats all i needed to know.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
bring it to me, ill fab up some motor mounts and swap your motor into a crf aftermaket frame and fit the ttr tank and body onto it

no more need to worry about what parts will and wont fit:D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LongMooie said:
bring it to me, ill fab up some motor mounts and swap your motor into a crf aftermaket frame and fit the ttr tank and body onto it

no more need to worry about what parts will and wont fit:D

hahaha that would be sick!! we could call it the "TRF" :D one of its kinda, but i will definatley hit you up for welding stuff, Oh!, what do you charge to weld? my 2008 YZ250F has some exhaust mounts taht cracked? could you weld it you think? its 2 mounts, the mounts are aluminum alloy, but the exhaust system is like a brown colored metal that doesnt change color with heat, idk what it is Magniesium? its a full custom exhaust that got made just for my modded motor and bike. you can see pics of it in my profile of the pipe. :D

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
YZ250F4ever said:
hahaha that would be sick!! we could call it the "TRF" :D one of its kinda, but i will definatley hit you up for welding stuff, Oh!, what do you charge to weld? my 2008 YZ250F has some exhaust mounts taht cracked? could you weld it you think? its 2 mounts, the mounts are aluminum alloy, but the exhaust system is like a brown colored metal that doesnt change color with heat, idk what it is Magniesium? its a full custom exhaust that got made just for my modded motor and bike. you can see pics of it in my profile of the pipe. :D

i only charge $25 per hour but i dont have a AC tig welder (thats the type to weld alloy)

couldnt see the header in your photos but im gonna guess its titanium and ive never welded titanium and i wouldnt start on your exhaust sorry

titauinm has to be extremely clean or it will crack its a very difficult metal to weld

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LongMooie said:
i only charge $25 per hour but i dont have a AC tig welder (thats the type to weld alloy)

couldnt see the header in your photos but im gonna guess its titanium and ive never welded titanium and i wouldnt start on your exhaust sorry

titauinm has to be extremely clean or it will crack its a very difficult metal to weld

o i totally understand no worries just thought i would ask, i guess i will go out to pasadena and go to Power Pros the people who made it haha. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts