PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am in the middle of a chaly cf50 build and I want to put in a 4 speed auto transmission. Having a hard time finding out where to buy and if there is a stock transmission for the cf50 can anyone tell me if I 4 speed transmission from a crf50 would fit staraight in,

Looks to me as if they use the same transmision cases but not sure if it would be a straight swap.

Any help would be really apreciated.

Thanks

Adie

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hi, I don't own a CRF50, and I've only seen a Chaly in pictures, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but...

What you want is for dirtbkr188, Fatcaaat, Fast MC, Firepower354 or Z to chime in here with specifics; if they don't, PM one of them.

In broad strokes, if you have a 4-speed cluster and its shift drum and shift shaft, all that should drop right in in place of the 3-speed stuff. Kickstart shaft pinions vary between 3- and 4-speed motors; there was a thread that touched on this in the Z50 section recently:

http://www.planetminis.com/f14/will-atc70-engine-accept-111174.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.