PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m looking into getting my first pit bike. I’ve already got a kx250, im just looking for something small to shred around the acreage and some tight trails, plus I’ve got some friends interested in learning how to ride. I’ve been looking at the crf/xr50, any 110 and then an ssr 110 too. Budget is $1000, maybe a couple hundred more. Leaning towards the 50, because it’s cheaper than the klx110 and it’s good quality. But a 50 is small, and I don’t think I’m gonna spend a lot of money making it bigger/faster. I’m 5’6 and 120 lbs, any thoughts on what would be a good fit?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
As much as I love 50's, buy a KLX110. Stay away from china.

A 110 is plenty rideable stock. A 50 really isn't. a 110 with minor mods (bars, cradle frame, and an over the top brake lever) is too fun of a set up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, any thoughts on a crf70? There are a couple around for a good price and they’re a bit bigger than a 50

·
Registered
625 Posts
The biggest advantage the 110 has over the 70 is that the stock frame is way stronger. The 70 frame is weak. Can add gussets to the frame or additional backbone bar to make a triangle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts