PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey what's up guys, new to the site an to stunting 50s, I've been riding for a good 4 months now an man there fun as hell. Always had street bikes but never something this small. I've got a crf50 that I bought new for my nephew an he just wasn't liking to much so the bike sat for about a year. So that's when I decided I was going to start setting up to stunt, I thru on a TB 88cc stage 3 BB kit a yoshi pipe an few parts of the 50stunt site. I've been having s few problems with the gears I have on there14t/34t 1st gear almost useless 2nd an 3rd are great but wheelies feel a bit sketchy. Any advise on what gears I should run?? I'm a 225lb rider anything will help thanks here's a photo of how the bike is setup

Attachments

· Registered
64 Posts
What makes 1st gear useless? too low and slow?

Id say gear it a bit lower so 2nd gear works primarily for teh wheelies!
Although when i first put on the 88 stock gearing was pretty torky imo for the sort of maneuvers your talking.. I raised my gearing max i could but i don't ride wheelies much and if i do its now in first gear or a high speed 2nd gear whilly.

either way sounds like your wanting to play with the gear ratios to get it right. 88cc is plenty of power to control a wheelie..

· Registered
186 Posts
A lot of guys keep the stock gearing 14t front and 37t rear, my self I've been running 15t front and a 37 rear and I can do longer wheelies in first gear slow, and still get it up in second for faster wheelies

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm going to play around with a deferent size sprockets, an just go with what ever gear ratios work best for me.

There's a few adds I seen about 15t/30t gearing is the way to go on a big bore??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.