PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 XR100 that I have owned for nearly 13 years. I plan to never sell it. I have a son that will be ready for a CRF80 within the next year or so. I was thinking about buying the wheels from a CRF80 to put onto this 100 to make it low enough for him to ride rather than buying a CRF80. Has anyone done this and does it create any issues? Will the 100 front fender be OK with ther smaller 80 front wheel or will I need to buy an 80 front fender too? Also I believe the 100 uses a 428 chain. Is the 80 also a 428 or does it use a 420?

· Registered
1 Posts
Direct bolt on for me.
Here’s a pic of mine. I now have the CR80 front end, but at least you can see what the rear wheel looks like.
View attachment 271655
How did you manage to put cr80 forks on a 100 I’ve heard all about it I just don’t know what year cr80 shocks you have to get for it to fit. Is there any special cutting or welding involved?

· Administrator
11,221 Posts
I believe there are two ways to go about it, one is to press the 100 steering stem into the CR lower triple clamp, and if it doesn't fit you have a new steering stem machined for proper fitment. That way you can use tapered bearings for the 100 with the CR triple clamps.

You'll also find lots of helpful information in THIS THREAD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.