PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to have a bolt on shock mount for my XR/CRF 70 until I find out where I need to weld one on. I have a 9 1/2" elka with a 17 1/2" reeg swingarm. Let me know if you have anything that will work with my setup. Thanks

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
SCAR8 said:
I would like to have a bolt on shock mount for my XR/CRF 70 until I find out where I need to weld one on. I have a 9 1/2" elka with a 17 1/2" reeg swingarm. Let me know if you have anything that will work with my setup. Thanks

I don't think any bolt on ones will work

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blackwoodz said:
just cut the mount off......mock up the bike and set the ride height you want........semi tak/weld it inplace. make sure everything is good and finsh welding it up.

going to leave the original shock mount , since I'm always changing my setups and I don't think the original will work for a mono setup anyways. It needs to stick out farther off the frame then the a-style mount I believe.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
SCAR8 said:
going to leave the original shock mount , since I'm always changing my setups and I don't think the original will work for a mono setup anyways. It needs to stick out farther off the frame then the a-style mount I believe.

You can leave the a-style shock mount alone. Here is a coupls of pics of what you need.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet thanks for the help slow! is that shock the same length as mine? And do I need to get exact measurements to make it work good or can I go off your pics and be ok?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
not sure how that would be able to run different swingers? the lower mount is in the way to run a hoop with shock. Also why did you support the mount like that? that frame looks stiff enough to be ok to just run the lower mount without the reinforcement.

That frame looks like a tank. but wheres the removanle subframe?.........I thought that was a must.....haha.j/k

looks good slow.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Blackwoodz said:
not sure how that would be able to run different swingers? the lower mount is in the way to run a hoop with shock. Also why did you support the mount like that? that frame looks stiff enough to be ok to just run the lower mount without the reinforcement.

That frame looks like a tank. but wheres the removanle subframe?.........I thought that was a must.....haha.j/k

looks good slow.

That was the kit that reeg use to sell for a stock frame

1 - 9 of 9 Posts