PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crf100

I have been searching for quite some time to try and find any info if it has been done. I want a motor that will start when I want it to. Any info would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm pretty sure it would be too big, plus the motors are mounted completely different with the open cradle frames on pit bikes. With the money and time you would put into this conversion you would be way better off getting a mod 50 motor. You can definitely make those motors RIP, a dual overhead cam fiddy would rail on a 100 motor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know it would be alot of work. I did a motor swap on my z400 with a kxf 450 dirt bike. I've been looking at full xr bikes going for 600-1000$. It would need a full frame under to mount the engine.

Anyone ever race side by side with a xr100 on a 140 pit bike?

·
Registered
816 Posts
an yx140 cc motor will blow the 100 out the water plus u can buy a complete 140 from piranah for 329 plus 35 shipping and it basically comes ready to bolt on.Also why bother buyin a modded 50 motor or building on for 1200 dollars to make a 124se motor when the 140 mwill beat it especially if built up and they are quick on a crf50 frame.They will staright get with it i can walk all over klx143 bikes all day on my 50 with a piranah 140 motor.U can find these motors from any vendor on here or wholesalecycle.com.Or check out getting them thru terry at fire power minis he has good tech support good luck.Oh yea just think the 88 race head kit cost just as much as u would pay for a 140 ya its a chinese motor but very reliable and will fly for the money.

+

·
Registered
864 Posts
How long have you had the piranha motor/ how many hours do you think you've put on it? A genuine honda motor will run forever and be way more reliable than any china motor. Why put $1200 into a motor? So you can ride it for as long as you want (with regular maintenance and rebuilds, like any motor) I figured out a long time ago that trying to cut corners and get the cheap stuff for pit bikes is a terrible idea in the end. with that said, I have heard of numerous people who love YX motors, Gary from STR even told me once that he liked his more than his daytona BUT he also stripped the motor completely and changed everything China didn't do right. Personally, I hate the way china motors feel, rev, shift, ride, lol I can't stand em. Post this same thread in the 50 forum and people will laugh at the thought of putting a 100 motor in a pit bike. They are designed completely different, with the head and cylinder sitting on top of the bottom end. Even if it were done, it still wouldn't be fast because of the gained weight of the motors, but mainly because there aren't even close to as many performance parts for a 100 motor.

With all that said, if it were me, I would buy a used MOD 50 motor off the classifieds here for $500-$800.

·
Registered
481 Posts
kawi122 said:
an yx140 cc motor will blow the 100 out the water plus u can buy a complete 140 from piranah for 329 plus 35 shipping and it basically comes ready to bolt on.Also why bother buyin a modded 50 motor or building on for 1200 dollars to make a 124se motor when the 140 mwill beat it especially if built up and they are quick on a crf50 frame.They will staright get with it i can walk all over klx143 bikes all day on my 50 with a piranah 140 motor.U can find these motors from any vendor on here or wholesalecycle.com.Or check out getting them thru terry at fire power minis he has good tech support good luck.Oh yea just think the 88 race head kit cost just as much as u would pay for a 140 ya its a chinese motor but very reliable and will fly for the money.

+

Knowbody has touched me on my 143 riding a chinese 140 motor..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts