PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new CRF 50 the other week and was wanting to get some stiffer suspension for it. While doing some research on the net, I found several posts on various forums saying that the stiffer front springs wore out a bushing of some sort in the forks and could cause damage to the fork tubes? Has anyone had any trouble with this? Or should I go ahead and buy the springs and not worry about it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:?:

·
Registered
462 Posts
get the springs and bushings, the stock busgings wear out fast with adult use and extremely fast with stiffer/longer springs.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I've only rode applied springs & sb5's but people say they progressive springs are best for stock forks. I like the stiff bmx style pump my applieds give me though. Go with the plastic bushings over the steel ones. THey clank real loud when they rebound. Plastics smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have BBR springs, and Im still running stock bushings. I dont really care to be honest with you. I plan on buying forks sooner or later anyhow. If your just going to run the springs forever, I would upgrade bushings also.

Tip for the day: To get the bushings out take a punch and remove the pin that holds everything together. Learned that the hard way. :eek:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Just buy the extended fork arm thing with the harder spring and it wont bend and the extended fork arm comes with bushings and brake cable and everything. Go to Red Baron for those

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.