PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally ordered the last piece of the build today. A carbon fiber tank cover from lightspeed. I picked up this bike for 700. Like any other bike at that price it needed alot of work in a very short time do be ready for xmas. Its a 2008 crf 150r. Disassembly proved it needed alot. Order list incuded seat cover from majik, graphics by tarmx, blue radiator hoses, all new bearings and seals, wave rotors and pads, new plastics with white rear, sproket set by supersprox, new bars, stk pipe, black moose shifter, springs for sons weight, tires, bolt kit, cf tank cover, and had the frame powder coated white. I have been buffing ALOT. I sure hope he likes it!!! I wish i would of taken more pics of teardown but didnt. There is a pic of what it will kinda look like when done. Assembly will start next week and more pics to come Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motorcycle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motocross Freestyle motocross

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front end will be done soon. We had to wait on new bushings for the forks. Seat cover, carbon tank cover, and graphics should be in real soon. I had to order another gear shifter and levers from cycle gear. I'm just going with the trackside levers. We have had every lever in the book over the years and they all last the same IMO. Any suggestions are are welcomed!! I took the header guard off to have that powder coated white as well.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Looks good. They are fun bikes to ride. I think I am going to try and get my wife one this spring. Would be good for her i think, plus fun for me to ride lol.

The carbon tank cover will look good. The FMF 4.1 sounds amazing on those bikes. Very loud though.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your right on the look of the fmf. When I bought the bike it had a pipe. They make the bike stupid loud. That's why I went back to stock. I hope more parts come in today. It's getting down to crunch time

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Plasti-dip those mofos till you got the Cheddar for new wheels. Looks good though, coming together nicely.

I've told you before if you want another kid I'm in, explaining the age thing may be tough but Ur from the south strange things happen down there lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorsport
Did one for my son last Christmas and it got stolen end of July, haven't found it yet ! But I had one I bought for me to ride in the back yard (we have a little arena cross track) and we were fixing it up just like his so he would have 2, only diff is this one has white backgrounds with black numbers, so at least he still has that one. I WILL find the other, we have a idea of it's whereabouts !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.