PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you all doing with that crankcase vent tube once you install and air filter? The guys at Fast 50s said to just let it hang, but that worries me. Is that ok? Have any of you rigged homemade filters? They sell a crankcase filter at my local shop that would work for $15, but it seems there has to be a cheaper solution.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dude, I had the same worries and someone told me a little trick, Cut the end of that plastic box off(the box that the crankcase vent tube goes into), cut the side that goes to the airfilter box, And cut a piece of the foam out of the old filter foam(from the airbox), and put in in the little box that you cut. It works great, and is as cheap as it gets. Be sure to cut the foam a little bigger than the box ,so you can stuff it in there, and it wont fall out.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
see but it doesnt matter cuase its not like it sucking air...its blowing air so just run it between the frame and case

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its not worth it to let it just hang, 1 grain of sand has the potential to destroy a motor! I think five-O was the one who thought of using the little airbox and old foam. Its free and it works great so why not do it.... It may just save your motor!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
five0addict said:
hey gomer, if its only blowing, wheres the air sucking from?

think of it like a vent on a subwoofer, feels like air coming out but its sucking in the first air too.

Well i dont know about your bike but mine is always pushing air out ....it never sucks in..think about it thats wat ur airfilter is for

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
your tal;king about 2 different components, if you have exaust coming out your breather.. well.. :lol:

think about it gomer, the piston moves out sucking air in to fill the space then the piston moves back and pushes that air out.. over and over..

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
ok ill take it like a man...i got moded :) HAHA well anyways ive never found mine sucking in air

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.