PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just ordered a The "Q" Silencer by FMF for my CR85 to replace my "Shorty" Silencer. Does anyone have this silencer on their bike?

The silencer is going to stick out past the side plastic panel unlike the Shorty right?

Thanks!

P.S Post pics of it on your bike if you have one!

·
Banned
74 Posts
xr80david said:
anyone?

Bump

I know it sucks when noone replies, some stupid people on here.

I did the same thing, I had it on my 2001 CR85, it helped the overall power ban, mostly in the lower to mid range, some top end but not alot....

Yes it will stick out....

:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jjmusicpro said:
I know it sucks when noone replies, some stupid people on here.

I did the same thing, I had it on my 2001 CR85, it helped the overall power ban, mostly in the lower to mid range, some top end but not alot....

Yes it will stick out....

:)

Ok Sweet, Thanks man.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
You are goign to notice a loss over the FMF shorty to the q silencer but you have to do what yuou have to do to ride. And like he said they do stick out a good bit.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RcWannabe said:
You are goign to notice a loss over the FMF shorty to the q silencer but you have to do what yuou have to do to ride. And like he said they do stick out a good bit.

What kind of loss...? Top, Mid, Low?

I know there is a sound loss too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have the Q on my YZ250 and I actually had a slight gain in power over the shorty setup. Have someone who knows 2 strokes set the air screw on the carb correctly and you'll love it. You should have a gain in bottom and mid-range power and the top end about the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.