PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the process of converting a 1999 CR80 expert to take an 1983 XR200 engine. My goal, as always, is to use as many Honda parts as possible. I cannibalized some parts from a 1984 200X....upper motor mount, front Motor mount and the whole downtube with cradle, and the stock 200X header. I flipped the front motor mount over and cut off the now lower tabs then drilled new holes. The xr200 is a 1/4 inch further to the right in a cr80 than the xr chassis. For the lower rear mounts I cut a set from a 1979 XR200 and after aligning the countershaft sprocket I welded them in. Not really a ton of work. I've got a little ways to go but I thought I'd share.
 

Attachments

· Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Following!

Well... I got the roller finished but didn't get any pics. I attempted to remove the engine for sandblasting and it wouldn't come out! Everything was way too close. So I had to cut the cradle out to remove the engine. Now I'm using the cr80 parts to shrink an xr 200. Subframe, rear wheel, front end... Should be cool.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top