PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the start of my spare parts build.
Picked up the 96' cr80r frame swingarm and rear wheel/brake setup for $40
Had a 83' cr125r motor laying around from a old deal I made a few years back. Had a broken clutch cover/waterpump housing. Got it as a bike in a box haha got a new cover for $100 and jb welded the waterpump area that was heavily corroded, used a Dremel to clean it up.
Got a cr250 fmf pipe for $60 (I'm hoping it isn't going to be too much for the 125 motor)
29" USD Chinese forks and 14x3 wheels (f/r) with street tires that I had laying around.
So I started by test fitting the motor. It fits but is definitely a snug fit sitting on top of the original mounts that aren't even close.(no big deal being I'm a fabricator by trade.
So I cut the og mounts off the frame and realized that I'm going to have to trim the main front downtube where the two cradle tubes meet it. Then it'll be making mounts.
Tried to figure out how to use the cr125 swingarm but couldn't figure out a way with the parts I have on hand so back to the drawing board🤙

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Today I got the shock mount loosely figured out to where I can run the cr125 shock. I ended up cannibalizing a junk atc 200x frame for the mount and will be using the subframe to fix/rebuild the factory cr80 subframe thats all chopped up.
Hopefully I can get it to roller status tomorrow after I weld/brace the shock mount.
The subframe will be welded one piece and used for an added brace for the shock mount.
The blue is what color it'll be sprayed when done

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts