PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody interested in a CR60 front end? Apparantly they make a decent xr70 front end upgrade. I have triples, forks, wheel, brakes and axle. This is more or less just a feeler.... I don't have a camera handy to take pictures of the parts. Looking to get 50 plus shipping for the whole front end. Seals are blown for sure. They seem to have some decent travel though. I'll try to get more info if anybody is interested.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I'll give ya $30 shipped for them right now. But all i need is the fork legs unless you dont want to split it up but selling the wheel would be easy along with the brake. let me know

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Are you sure? i found a set on egay that were 30mm. He emailed me because i asked him for the measurements. There off an 84 cr60 and he said there 30mm and 28 1/2inches from axle to top of leg.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow, i didn't think there was going to be this kind of response. i didn't have a chance to inspect the forks before i posted this thread.... and as i was tearing them down i found that there were a few pits in the chrome... in the travel of course. They are basically useless guys, unless you like rolling around with blown seals?

The damn things have at least 7.5 inches of travel. I couldn't believe that. I want to say they are 30mm, but i dont have any means of measuring the diameter. I put an xr70 fork leg in the CR60 clamps and it was way loose. Its a 1985 model if that matters?

So yah, i took some emery paper and motor oil (to prevent unnecessary scratching) to the rust specs on the legs. Its possible to knock the bumps down so they are smooth to the touch, but I cant guarantee that they wont rip new seals. If anybody really wanted to run these out of desperation or something... I'll do 30 shipped. I'll throw in the triples of you want them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.