PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.My name is Alex and im from Greece.I have a Monkey with lots Takegawa products.Im facing a problm with the spark timing advance.I have the 54 crank and 54 piston.CR is on 12.8 and for the moment my spark is working on 29 degrees.

Does anyone know or have tested something similar so i can get an idea if mine is alot advaced or i can go further ?

Thnx...

·
Banned
1 Posts
I'd say, that if you have the quench tight, jetting spot-on, you're right in the ballpark for max power. Advancing might gain a touch off the bottom, but I've never seen a +R on a trials bike;) lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
firepower354 said:
I'd say, that if you have the quench tight, jetting spot-on, you're right in the ballpark for max power. Advancing might gain a touch off the bottom, but I've never seen a +R on a trials bike;) lol

Its a nice sensation...believe me...:Eyecrazy:...but always looking for the maximum result,and this is why looking for the maximun advance in can give.

·
Banned
1 Posts
MagicJuice said:
Its a nice sensation...believe me...:Eyecrazy:...but always looking for the maximum result,and this is why looking for the maximun advance in can give.

Try slotting the pickup and/or an advance key, and see. Might feel faster, but I'm betting you'll go slower overall. Just my opinion, your results may vary, offer not valid outside the continental United States, no warranty expressed or implied, I need less coffee. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hey Terry I think he is saying he has a Takegawa IRK and where he has it set hes getting 29 degrees of advance at (what RPM????) I have my IRK to have around 32 degress at 11,000 or 11,500 RPM... Is this what you are asking??? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
taz69 said:
Hey Terry I think he is saying he has a Takegawa IRK and where he has it set hes getting 29 degrees of advance at (what RPM????) I have my IRK to have around 32 degress at 11,000 or 11,500 RPM... Is this what you are asking??? :D

Yes...thats what i want.I have the S30 cam and im about 11.000-11500rpm on 29 degrees.I was 31 and it was better i think,but it looked to me too much,so i dropped in 29 now.Practically whats the maximun i can give ?

·
Banned
1 Posts
Advance it till you knock a hole in a piston, rebuild, back off two degrees.

Trevor's piston would take a sowbug a week to walk across, so he needs a couple extra degrees.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
firepower354 said:
Advance it till you knock a hole in a piston, rebuild, back off two degrees.

Trevor's piston would take a sowbug a week to walk across, so he needs a couple extra degrees.

LOL.. True true my piston has a pretty big dome... I think 30 to 32 degrees is good you wont hurt nothing with that much.. At 35 and 40 degrees things can get broke...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
taz69 said:
LOL.. True true my piston has a pretty big dome... I think 30 to 32 degrees is good you wont hurt nothing with that much.. At 35 and 40 degrees things can get broke...

Thanx...very helpfull.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
how do you know where to set the tak inner rotor ive had two of them of a few different motors and never really noticed the differance between all the way left or right!!!

i spun it with the motor running once and could hear the revs pick up a tiny amount when i advanced it but didnt notice any more or less power when riding

thanks guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts