PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my son a used Coolster 110cc pit bike it is in great shape other than the front suspension. The upper fork is dented pretty bad and suspension is stuck. He is 6, so I am not trying to spend much money Can anyone recommend an inexpensive replacement?

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
I'd have to say that THIS SET would work for you, if you wanted to go with all new. You might be able to disassemble the forks you have, and possibly tap a piece of black pipe into the fork upper to push that dent out, for the most part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may try to fix first. What size black pipe would I need? Also, do you know if this thing has a govenor?
Btw would that be an upgrade from the OEM fork?

·
Super Moderator
9,600 Posts
I would use a few different sizes of pipe, starting with a small size and progressively going bigger as the dent gets pushed out.

It would only be an upgrade from the OEM forks by virtue of being 1" taller and heavier-duty than the stock fork lowers.

As far as having a governor, I can't really tell from the pictures if there is a set screw on the throttle assembly to limit the amount the throttle can be opened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts