PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to convert my carb over to Alky, whos my best bet to go with for the conversion, both work and price wise?

Thx.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Its a little more involved than just jetting your carb for alky.

Alky will use about 2-3 times the fuel, Main jets +250 and pilot +80. You shouldn't have a hard time finding a carb set up for alky. The 5hp based Brigs and Straton Junior Dragsters have be running Alky motorcycle carbs for years and make good HP.

You will need about a +15:1 compresion ratio and advance the timing about +10*

Alky in extremely corrosive you will need to drian the fuel for the carb when the bike is not in use. Lot of maintenance.

Great info on web about alky conversion

But why stop there Go NITRO!

Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I ran alky in my kart days....what a total pain but it does run cooler.

You do not need high compression but will need a slight timing advance.....more like

3-5 degrees ususally. It's a very expensive mod just because it is so corrosive.....I wouldn't do it. I'd either super charge or go nitrous....8)

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
dont bother trying to buy jets buy a numbered set of drill bits and a handfull of regular jets ps if you buy a tm 28 i can get you the info you need for jetting i used to race jr dragsters we ran those on a small motor we ran 44mm pumpers on our BIG motors

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
i ran 2/3 high octane gas and 1/3 40% nitro rc car gas in my xr100. it was definately interesting. i never had it tuned amazing tho. i just threw the biggest jets i had in and it was definately quicker. i did tune it a bit but not as much as i should have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
u will need a bigger transfer tube also u might run a power jet (tube siphons fuel from bowl ) not at that point yet but will be doin this myself next year for a flattrack pit bike let me know how it goes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys. I was just thinking cheep horse power is all. I guess it's not in my best interest to do something like this. Maybe just a carb upgrade would do the trick, 22mm to 26mm ???

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Solo-Cali said:
107cc 3V.

If you haven't already.. get a high compression piston kit from AHP. Makes a super huge difference in how those motors run. I pioneered the first piston for Mark in my 3 valver... good stuff. It ran good with the stock 22mm mikuni carb too.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
+1 on the hi squeezer from Mark...I put one in my 107 3v and had Crower Performance grind up my cam...big difference

1 - 20 of 24 Posts