PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently got a pair of KLX110's but being 6' tall they are a little short from me. I am trying to find out what is different between the Regular 110 & 110L that makes it taller. I would like to cheaply convert my 110's to L's.

Front: Different forks? What fits?

Rear: Different shock length? does the L shock bolt into the 110 frame?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys,

I recently got a pair of KLX110's but being 6' tall they are a little short from me. I am trying to find out what is different between the Regular 110 & 110L that makes it taller. I would like to cheaply convert my 110's to L's.

Thanks!

Also, the market for a full set of L forks seems scarce, is there an aftermarket solution? BBR springs and damper rods that increase the overall ride height? What are folks doing other than crazy full USD swaps?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You won’t really do it “cheap” the cheapest way for you to change the feel of the 110 is a bbr tall boy seat and taller bars with longer cables. Kinetic makes peg mounts that are a little lower and further back than stock too. That is your cheapest option. Your better option is kx65 forks (good luck finding them and idk if there is modifications to be made) and a bbr swing arm which is 1.75” longer than stock unless you find the old one I think that one is around 3”longer than stock. Upgrading your rear shock would be a good idea too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks!
the best way to make your KLX taller is to run the BBR fork dampers in the front with the BBR fork springs to support the weight, this makes it 2" taller, then in the rear you can run the DNM rear shock or on mine I did the Fast Ace rear shock (also +2") then additionally If it were my bike id run the BBR tall seat with fat pegs and tall bars ofcourse. thats all.

Part #s:

Fork Dampening rods:

Fork springs:

rear shock:

CHEAP TALL SEAT: Motocross Foam Complete Tall Seat For Kawasaki KLX110 02-13 KX65 00-13 Dirt Bike | eBay

BBR Tall seat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts