PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
Awesome Job the womens class is very tuff lots of fast women out there...:beerchug:

·
Registered
918 Posts
haha Seth. thanks buddy.

ya my buddy Mike Bierman wanted a girl to ride one of his tricked out bikes and im always down to mix it up and try new events, so i got hooked up with his big wheel 150f with a 250f engine.. the bike HAULS. i rode it twice before the race and i was pretty comfortable on it, but it needed a lil suspension adjustment and it was ready to go. Friday i rolled up to GH and waited until noon to practice because the track was a mess. it got better later on, but the track was still sloppy and only 1/2 the track we rode.

saturday was the GP. i signed up for womens novice and was ready to see how i would do on a big bike. Man i'll stick to racing mini's.. the braking bumps were giving me arm pump sooo fast haha. the gp track was a 6 mile loop. We went up into the hills on the ridge, came down the huge hill, went onto the REM track, then back into the hills, back on the REM track, the out to the parking area where i got the bike into 4th or 5th and flying through the straights, we came back into Glen Helen and did the 3 tire jumps, then went back onto the main track. i did about 5 laps in the 45 mins and man on the second lap i was thinkin to myself what the hell did i get into? 45 mins of this haha. the track was beat, but man it was sooo much fun. by the 3rd lap i found some decent smooth lines and was able to keep my pace by following another kid on a 150. i ended up getting 2nd in my class. the girl that beat me was on a 450 and everyone said if i had one more lap i woulda caught and passed her.

Sunday was the normal moto race.. 2 moto format all on the main track. I knew i had to beat Marsha both rounds to get the overall championship title. first moto i got a killer gate and ended up second outta the first corner. i was able to hold on to win my class, but there was 2 other girls infront of me.

Second moto i was nervous because i wanted to win sooo bad. me and marsha were tied for points going into the second moto. Whoever won the second moto won overall. I got a pretty bad gate, and was like 5th and i saw marsha infront of me. I needed to beat her this moto to win overall. i like being behind so i can keep up with their pace and follow their lines and figure out where i can pass them. She knew i was behind her and the pressure got to her. comming around the talladega berm i saw her back wheel start to slide and i moved outside. sure enough she wiped out pretty hard and i made my way around her to take the lead in my class. I was sooo careful going around the corners and trying not to crash. When i saw the white flag i was like thank God, finally haha. I looked over on the downhill table and i saw she was catching me fast as was only a straight behind. i stepped it up a notch and was able to hold on for the win and the overall championship title.

Im just sooo stoked on winning this because its my first real #1 motocross title. I hope i can bring home a MMSX #1 title aswell, but time will tell.

It was a great weekend and ill be riding this 150 for the next few weeks while i wait to get a new throttle cable to work with my new carb and get my mini back together. Once my mini is ready to go lets go moto! wooo woo :D

·
Registered
918 Posts
SHADE said:
:wave: no problem buddy get your bike ready, mine is just about ready should be donme by the end of this week, still got some color matching and all to do, but can't wait to moto

ya i will. i gotta get a different throttle cable. i need more housing and less wire.. so ya. i have too much play in my throttle right now.. so the hunt begins to find what i need. once i get that we can hook up my cable to the carb and ill be able to play with the jetting. ill prob just take it somewhere to have someone do the jetting for me. i rather not deal with it being a pain in the butt haha. hopefully ill have it ready to go in 2 weeks or less. im itchin to ride a mini again. i cant stand looking at mine in pieces in the garage :(

Thanks, glad you guys enjoyed the story :cool:

oh and thursday i got off work, so i think im headin out to milestone if anyone wants to roll out. ill bring my camera and shoot photos when im not ridin if anyone is down.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Wow..great job...I used to do the SRA GP's there at GH and at Carlsbad (b4 it closed for good) and I can say by the end of the day and 3 45min races you are ready to get off the bike for awhile....once again outstanding job

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
midgetbmxer said:
oh and thursday i got off work, so i think im headin out to milestone if anyone wants to roll out. ill bring my camera and shoot photos when im not ridin if anyone is down.
Go to lake elsinore some time. I was there yesterday and they got this HUGE step up at the mini track its steep as ****!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
SUZUKIRM12594 said:
Go to lake elsinore some time. I was there yesterday and they got this HUGE step up at the mini track its steep as ****!!!

eh never been a big fan of elsinore. i dont like their dirt there its super dry and hard packed and it gets slick like ice when they water. if i have to ill ride it, but i rather ride milestone, star or perris.

when i drove by there saturday i looked over and it looked like the parking lot still had alot of water on it. i didn't see anyone riding, but i might of looked in the wrong spot. it hard to look over and try to find elsinore and drive at the same time.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.