PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the clever compression release for the old XL-350. How come no one has made one of these for the mini's yet?

XL 350 Compression Release Mechanism

Seems pretty simple, I might have to try and make one myself :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My DT-400 has one of those holes :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
alot of the guys i raced with BBR150s that had 251 kits have them. they have the levers on the handle bars and everything. i think its engines only that sells them

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
uno4cinco said:
alot of the guys i raced with BBR150s that had 251 kits have them. they have the levers on the handle bars and everything. i think its engines only that sells them

Powroll also made a decompression device for a crf150f. It was junk though the parts utilized were from a Husky chain saw. And it was located right below the spark plug hole.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
i know they are pretty good from the engines only guys. when i get my 251 kit ill let you know

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
not the electic start...mines an 05 motor. you can take the 06+ motors to like 225 or 230 i think.

all i know is when i do the 251 i have to have a new 1st, 2nd, and kick start gear made from billet.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
theres a kid here in houston that has a 110 with a compression release on it idk how but he s got one.. theres a little lever on the side of the bars it looks like a scooter lever or something not bought mayeb custom made... but he uses it everytime to start it... first time i ever saw anything on a mini like that

·
Registered
492 Posts
TLDRIDER120 said:
theres a kid here in houston that has a 110 with a compression release on it idk how but he s got one.. theres a little lever on the side of the bars it looks like a scooter lever or something not bought mayeb custom made... but he uses it everytime to start it... first time i ever saw anything on a mini like that

ive seen him at three palms before, it looks like he did it himself

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
xr5054 said:
go to the gym and get stronger legs lol .... it would be cool though beacuse some of those motors have a lot of compression and especially for the young kids that ride them.

its not going to the gym, anyone can kick one of these over. its when you kick it over and it has so much compression that it snaps the kick start shaft or rips some teeth of the kick shaft spindle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.