PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the compression ratio on the trail bikes 88 kit, not the kit with the superhead but just the bore kit? my buddy is telling me that it is 15:1 which I think is extremely high for just being a bore kit without a superhead.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I actually think the superhead has less compresion than the stock head kit.

KAOS, you wouldnt happen to know the compresion ratio on the race head would ya.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Thanks. That gives me some intersting ideas now. I wonder if any of the higher domed pistons from one of the Kitaco motors or Take motors would work and raise the compresion ratio. Could be a easy way to gain some nice power.

What do you think KAOS?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend also keeps saying that he absolutely needs race gas all the time, he was revving it the other day with just 91 in it and the ticking noise I heard was valve tick which he's had since day one of the bbk but he was telling me it was detonation from the low octane fuel.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
Its not detonation, its just the mysterious TrailBikes engine tick. Seems to be that like 9 of 10 TB motors get it. It isnt harmful and doesnt do anything to the motor just kind of annoying and makes you paranoid about your motor. But dont worry its not going to blow up, very reliable kit, ive been running the race head for 6 months very hard and lots of hours and not a single problem. I think the main cause of the noise is the grind of the cam causes the valves to shut very quickly which creates a ticking kind of noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.