PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working on my neighbour's Gio 125, and doing some searches here on PM, I was surprised to find so very little is known about the china ignition systems.

Is it because there are so many different vendors using 'this weeks' least expensive component (coil, cdi, stator), and therefor it's moot to capture values from components? Or strictly that the parts are so "Cheap" that it's just more cost effective to replace all of it?

My neighbours Gio 125 fleabay special had no spark. I diagnosed the coil had failed, installed new and all is well in the universe; However, it would be nice to know what the resistance values of the primary and secondary are (within a range) of a known good coil prior to pulling out a 12v battery and test leads? Or more so, a common CDI pinout to ease the pain? Or stator coil?

Perhaps its' up to us?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've seen wildy varying value when measuring stators etc, to the point I take the view that unless it's an open circuit or a near as damn it short, it's going to work.

5 pin CDI's are as follows:

With stator plates I work them out by looking at the coils themselves and tracing the wiring - it's the only reliable way

1 - 2 of 2 Posts