PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see the colored rubber on the bike at the mxsouth website? They have them mounted on a bike at what looks to be a trade show, none for sale that I could see. anyone know any more info on those?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
in an old Motocross Action they showed some red Kenda Millvilles for the XR50. It was at the Indy trade show I think. I dont know if they are for sale yet or not or if they are even gonna sell them tho

·
Registered
538 Posts
I talked to a lady at Kenda and the red millville tires for xr50s are just prototypes. They are still testing them. Its not for sure if they will be released, and no, you cannot get any samples.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
All I know is the yellow Michies are very expensive...they were almost 200 bones at my dealer, the ones for 125s anyways 8O

·
Registered
189 Posts
RE:

im gunna have to agree with matt... i think they look kinda liek somthing that comes from a cartoon... idk... my oppinion. do they do white burnouts?? lol that would be pretty cool if we got a bunch of different color tires and made a painting out of burnouts 8)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Re: RE:

Live2racemotox said:
do they do white burnouts?? lol that would be pretty cool if we got a bunch of different color tires and made a painting out of burnouts 8)

Burnouts are still black :-( Its carbon from the burning rubber thats left over.

·
Registered
102 Posts
you are right and you are wrong........BFG makes a colored tire for cars called a t/a scorcher.....and they leave a colored mark when you burnout.....yellow, red and blue.......you will more than likely leave a small black spot with colored chunks......however if you skidded it would more than likely leave a colored skid mark......just like when you dont wipe good enough.....hehe......

·
Registered
300 Posts
Why bother colored tires look cool when you get to the track they're going to be brown and covered with dirt almost immediately after you start riding. Now colored stret tires on the other hand would be cool. I just don't see how colored MX tires would work to well.

Just my $0.02

Darrel

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.