PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me out.

I can not find the reason behind the Grinding Noise on my FIDDY. It shifts fine when the bike is off, But when the motor is running and I move that SHIFT LEVER up or down then you hear a grind noise. Like the clutch isn't disengaging. ?? I took everything off 4 times and didnt see any wear ot tear, No grinding marks nothing? What can this be?? Does anyone have any idea what this could be?? :oops: :x :(

Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts

to adjust the clutch do not do what the xr50 service manuel tells you to do cause it is exactly opposite. what you need to do is loosen the nut (14mm) on the right side cover, there is a flat head screw in the middle of it, turn the screw all the way counter clock wise until it stops, after that start turning the screw back clock wise until you feel resistance then turn back 1/2 turn and tighten the nut (14mm) back. that is the correct way to adjust the clutch. But the grinding noise may not be fixed if you adjust your clutch right. The grinding noise is the back side of your clutch basket hitting the screws on your larger oil pump. If you look at one of the screws and the back side of your clutch basket you can see where it is hitting. You can take a grinder or something and flaten out the screw.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey whats up! I heard its 1/8 turn out when u hit resistnace. I thought it was a screw on the oil pump too but i didnt see any wear on any of the screws .???

Thanks for all the help

Fiddy's and fiddy forums rock ! :twisted:

·
Registered
294 Posts
imprezawd said:
hey whats up! I heard its 1/8 turn out when u hit resistnace. I thought it was a screw on the oil pump too but i didnt see any wear on any of the screws .???

Thanks for all the help

Fiddy's and fiddy forums rock ! :twisted:
Yeah some people say 1/8 turn and some say 1/4 turn and some say 1/2. Any of the amounts will work. The more you turn the screw back after resistance, the more slack you will have in your shifter. I think 1/8 of a turn is not enough. I would rather go 1/4 turn than 1/8 turn but thats up to you. Yeah you cant really see any wear on the screws but if you look at the back of the clutch basket you will see where it hits.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the problem was the Cutch adjustment screw. I cant believe it. After 2 days of this shit i finally got some real help. Thanks alot everyone.

I am going to try to get my bike running 100% tomorrow. I am still messing with heads, carbs, jets, the whole 9.

richie

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: .

CMaDillac said:
to adjust the clutch do not do what the xr50 service manuel tells you to do cause it is exactly opposite. what you need to do is loosen the nut (14mm) on the right side cover, there is a flat head screw in the middle of it, turn the screw all the way counter clock wise until it stops, after that start turning the screw back clock wise until you feel resistance then turn back 1/2 turn and tighten the nut (14mm) back. that is the correct way to adjust the clutch. But the grinding noise may not be fixed if you adjust your clutch right. The grinding noise is the back side of your clutch basket hitting the screws on your larger oil pump. If you look at one of the screws and the back side of your clutch basket you can see where it is hitting. You can take a grinder or something and flaten out the screw.
The Clymer manual said to do it backwards. I just fixed it THANKS PM!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.