PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
splitting my cases at the moment, but having trouble removing my stock clutch cover. ive followed the manual and removed all the screws and the clutch adjustment screw, but cant get the cover off...

ive tried tapping it with a hammer but dont wana damage anything. any ideas? -ive only got basic tools...

also, trying to remove the flywheel... was told to put a strap round it to hold it, but cant find anything to work... any other ways???

finally... when its ready, how should i split the cases without a case splitter?

thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Go down B&Q and get yourself a boa strap

BOA Boa Constrictor 160mm, 9417890178145

clean off any oil off the flywheel and use the strap works every time for me.

and for the clutch cover be very careful and get some to pry the case a little and that should start it off so just tap off after that....

also there are places on the clutch cover you can use a hammer and wood dowel to tap the cover off

·
Registered
51 Posts
i would try to pry the cover off easily.

i used a clam shell on mine and it fired right off. its just sooo much easier to get a flywheel puller.

for the case splitting, dont worry about the tool. just flip it so it is flywheel side up and hit the crank where the flywheel bolted on with a rubber mallet and itll dro the other side off. let gravity help.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
slayerklx said:
having trouble removing my stock clutch cover. ive followed the manual and removed all the screws and the clutch adjustment screw, but cant get the cover off...

Since it has the auto clutch still .. ,

Just try shifting the bike into a gear and see if it pushes out the cover that way ..

Just make sure you have the clutch adjustment close to where it needs to be , since it looks like you remove the nut ....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clutch covers off... just tapped it in the right places and it was easy... still gota remove the flywheel... dont know how im gonna get this all back together...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right, got the boa strap and got the flywheel nut off... but how do i remove the flywheel without a puller?

do i have to remove the clutch to split the cases? cos i really cant be assed...

doing this for an output shaft, 4th gear drum and case bore by the way...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts