PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is to help any new owner of the clones/china bikes. First off buy jet kit. Second if your having mystery cutoff or shut down check your gas cap. I had a couple of rides on my bike when it started to cut out.Do to weather and altitude I ordered a jet kit. I had carb off several times before I realized my gas cap was plugged.I used a hex wrench I had on the bench to open vents on both sides.Be careful not to push inside cap off.

I cant tell you how frustrating it was to figure out. I would also recommend the jet kit from Vince at TBOLT. He got me the parts Clutch,flywheel and jet kit. real fast to get the bike on the trail before xmas....THANX Vince!

Hopefully you dont need to go through this like I did. To test see if you can blow through cap vent.:D

·
1,973 Posts
Wandell said:
Really? The vent on the gas cap being plugged and cause the bike to shut off? I've never heard that.

if gas is leaving the tank, air has to replace it or it creates a vaccuum effect and no more fuel will flow through the petcock. Ever wonder why they even have a vent hose on dirt bikes?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To add pain to insult I also had a clear fuel filter so I thought I was getting gas. The gas was just not moving. I even replaced fuel line thinking filter was clogged......man I cant tell you how frustrating this was.

But I can now swap carb/intake like a pit crew :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
lol... I'm the same way on swappping jets!!! my problem with my brand new china motor cutting out on the top end was that the cam chain was off one tooth.... It looked like it was timed correctly, but in 3months of experimentation, I advanced the cam one tooth (now the marks are way off) but it runs great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts