PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently picked up a 2019 Honda CRF110F. I operate a new dynojet 250i and will be working with this platform a lot this year. First thing we did was stuck it on my dyno to get a baseline and a few generic maps. The graphs are reading low due to the atmospheric sensor going bad on the dyno. Will have updated corrected numbers soon. See below -

Current mods -
Suspension
- BBR HD spring / damping rods / 20wt oil
- BBR swing-arm

Handlebar Setup
- BBR Triple
- KLX110 bend bars ProTaper
- Ridgid Industries SR Pro flood/spot combo

Engine
- CJR ported throttle body
- Pod Filter
- cameronjonesracing.com ECU Flash
- modified Yoshimura RS2 exhaust

Future mods -
Big valve head
Port/polished head
Big throttle body
Manual clutch kit
Fox float shock +1” extension
Camshaft testing
Big bore testing
High compression stock bore testing and more.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is awesome! great job, besides the tune do you offer porting work?
Yes we do. Currently in house hand porting however if there’s enough interest we’ll get our CNC friends involved to help bring production up and keep pricing down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys,
Few updates on the builds. Our stock bore build is in testing of the CJR Stage 1 throttle body kit. This throttle body absolutely RIPS on the crf110, it really does become a night and day different bike from the mid-range up. Even with the stock camshaft we are seeing peak power at stock redline (9800rpm). Once we unlock the rpm we will see what the stock camshaft is capable of along with the other camshafts ready for testing. It will not work on the stock ECU at all as we are seeing AFR's in the high 18+ during partial and wide open throttle. We have a high compression piston ready for install as well as a +2mm piston kit.

132cc kit is in testing, I was able to get a base tune finished up, it is also running our oversized throttle body.. We have the head off to get the oversized valves and stiffer springs installed and will jump back into testing on that kit soon.

We were also able to snag a bone stock 2018 KLX110 for a dyno run to compare the two. We will have a lot more KLX data coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys,
List of updates coming in.
The 132 kit we had running the thin base gasket (shown in red) and a lightly ported head, cleaned up casting. The bike absolutely ripped although once hot, we were getting some knock. I pulled timing and worked with fueling a bit however after a few hard laps the bike continued to do so. Some higher octane fuel likely could have removed the issue however at the time I did not have any available. Looking to keep the tunes fairly conservative on pump so we can really ride them aggressive yet keep it reliable. We will have race fuel tunes as an option later on. Once we swapped the thin gasket out for the thick, we went back to the stock head as well (shown in blue). We then added the DCR camshaft which leaves us on the green line.

I did enjoy the low end toque and initial snap of the previous setup with the thin gasket much better so we will be installing the big valve/ported head this week and going back to the thin base gasket. I will also be testing a series of throttle bodies to find the optimal power for the kit.
Other additions to the 132 build, I added a KOSO dash kit so I can view my AFR, engine times, and rpm. This is not really needed for anyone but as a tuner I monitor these things quite a bit to help get you guys the best end result.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 119cc build did finally come around as well. Here are the final results -

We then added in a new test camshaft, we aim to have comparison to the DCR soon. -

Performance wise, this bike became a lot of fun for the addition of the 119cc setup. I would highly recommend it to anyone rebuilding their setup, or just wants a touch more across the board. The new crf lacks quite a bit of low end toque and the +2mm addition nets almost 20% more torque at 5,000rpm and over 10% peak power in the top end. I do believe a good 12.5:1-13:1 50mm or 52mm would be even better so we may work on that in the future.

·
Registered
680 Posts
CRF110 is now on my watchlist for used bikes to come up. Thinking maybe its time to get in the FI game.

Great work on the update

1 - 16 of 16 Posts