PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen a report on these $150 or less babies, good, bad?

I've heard some say they are built better than the Kitaco?

With the rumored TB billet auto clutch housing, might be cool to run one on a stroker auto clutch.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I have one in a 88 honda ported stock head. I bought mine on ebay for 130 so far it has been no problems and compared to my kitaco unit I used to have it is better than the kitaco so far becuase the kitaco unit even with loctite the poles that the pick up are attached to would vibrate loose constantly. In my opinion the kitaco unit was poor quality unlike their other products and these china ones are the same quality and design but they are not ripping you 300 for a poor qualtiy simple little item. I am just saying in terms of look materials used they both performed fine for me. If you want high quality go takegawa or tokyo mods stage 3.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Should also add that I have another one here waiting for my lifan big bore with akunar piston I will be able to fill you in with how well it works in that motor shortly.

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
I have a couple of the ssr inner rotors and a kitaco irk.I havent had a problem with any of them.I have no problem buying the chinese IRK's

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Outlaw Powersports said:
We have sold a few dozen of them and no real issues to report as of yet, except one bad CDI out of 30+ units sold.

But people have had that happen with the kitaco so to me I would rather spend 100 bucks instead of 300. Plus unless you are buying off ebay you will get better customer service and faster solutions to your problems from the import dealers on here than say at a large retailer etc.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
RcWannabe said:
But people have had that happen with the kitaco so to me I would rather spend 100 bucks instead of 300. Plus unless you are buying off ebay you will get better customer service and faster solutions to your problems from the import dealers on here than say at a large retailer etc.

Very true and well put.

·
Registered
537 Posts
bought two recently, one is on a 88rh motard the other on a 117rh dirt bike. both perform awesome, on the 117 in particular it really woke it up. really doesnt feel two twitchy like a lot of people say. would of bought a lot sooner if i knew would help this much.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
slowracer said:
I have a couple of the ssr inner rotors and a kitaco irk.I havent had a problem with any of them.I have no problem buying the chinese IRK's

ANTI ********* OR DIE!!!!!!

reeg's weights bolt up to them and they are amazing.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
i bought one on ebay from brandxminis. found a bid ending on sunday night of the memorial day weekend, and got it for US$67.00 + US$11.00. i received it last week.

i tried taking the stator plate screws out of the stock engine(Loncin 107 three valve) and both phillips heads stripped out. so im waiting until monday for honda to get two of those bolts sent to them. and then i can start it, just need to trade the alum slinger that came with it for a new ignition cover from a local pm member.

i will tell you of how it revs up when its installed on monday, and then how it rides when i get the ignition cover cut.

Attachments

·
Banned
1 Posts
They're so cheap now, I'm going to trim and redrill the backing plate to fit an XR80/120 I did. The rotor taper's the same. I already trimmed a pound and a half from the crank and lightened the flywheel. Should rap even better soon.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Uh oh, just found out the crank seal on mine is leaking. I noticed some oil around the peg area a couple of weeks ago but figured maybe a bit too much chain lube. I took the cover off today to put a new one on and found the leak. Anyone know where I can get a seal to replace this one? Would it be the same as a stock one?(doubt it)

Oh yeah, this one might have 5-6hrs on it tops.

·
Premium Member
5,014 Posts
melloyello said:
Uh oh, just found out the crank seal on mine is leaking. I noticed some oil around the peg area a couple of weeks ago but figured maybe a bit too much chain lube. I took the cover off today to put a new one on and found the leak. Anyone know where I can get a seal to replace this one? Would it be the same as a stock one?(doubt it)

Oh yeah, this one might have 5-6hrs on it tops.

I should have some extra seals, I can drop one in the mail for you if you PM me your addy. Grease it up with some assembly lube when you put it all together this time and you should be good to go.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.