PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
I dont think he really knows what is on that bike based on his add, the frame is not a +2" thats for sure and if he spent 4k on that he really doesnt know where to shop! However for $700 you did pretty good.

·
Registered
816 Posts
dude he lost his mind if he thinks he spent over 4k in that hes lucky if he bought everything new and stuff to hav over 2 in it but u did good on the other hand

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
guy sounds pretty confused in his ad but good buy for you.

depending on what parts he has on the motor and assuming he included the price of the bike I don't think $4k is that far fetched.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
zwieblekopf said:
guy sounds pretty confused in his ad but good buy for you.

depending on what parts he has on the motor and assuming he included the price of the bike I don't think $4k is that far fetched.

I agree.. If you added up every part retail price you might come up somewhere around there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The way I looked at it was I have 700 invested and have an opportunity to save money on buying parts being the suspension was the next thing I was doing to my other 50 I thought I should save some $ I mean my rational was the forks rims and hd spokes alone would cost more to buy than the 700 I had in total in buying the other bike that I traded him.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
ok so not everyone knows there parts etc... i do find it funny that you newbies dont respect that when the 50s first came out parts were fcuking expensive

plus we didnt have the luxury of buying used parts or chinese crap!

my first 50 went through 2 make overs in the end i had over $12500 into my bike as it sat

i parted it and got less than half that was back in 07

also think about if you started with a stock 50 thats about $1000-$1200 before you can even ride the bastard thing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts