PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think im getting a KX65 front end with stock KX clamps. whats the cheapest way to mount them to my KLX. I have KX60 forks right now on it. I will have both the KLX and KX clamps. I have access to machine shop tools and its just my play bike so it doesnt need to be bling just functional.

any advice would be great:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
You have to remove the weld from the both stems 65 and 110. Install the 110 stem in the KX clamps and re-weld.

The 110 Stem is better left up in the 65 clamp a 1/4in no more and weld to get a full nut on top.

Its not a hard job just takes some time a patience!!

I used the RB bearings.

Good luck

BBR Tapered Steering Bearing Set (FMC314)

Tapered Steering Bearing Set

High quality tapered roller bearings and races

$41.95

T3 Minis Tapered Steering Bearing Set (FMC1208)

Tapered Steering Bearing Set

High quality tapered roller bearings and races

$39.95

Red Baron Tapered Steering Bearings (FMC1053)

Increased bearing surface for smooth steering operation...

$41.95

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have a KX tree with the stems already swapped out (perfectly spaced)-- looks factory. I'd sell the setup for $90 shipped. Let me know if you're interested. EM for pics. --L*64

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't bother welding, its too much of a hassle to get it spaced just right. Go with the bearing kit from pax. I used it and it works perfectly on my 110 with pro circuit kx65 triple trees, Plus he walked me through just how to swap the bearings(because the 110 bearings go in differently with the kx65 stem). Go with pax if nothing else but for the support and knowledge.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
rob78 said:
if thats the case what benifit if any of buying the aftermarket triples if all is need to put on the kx65 front end is a bearing kit.

raises the bar height, you can adjust the bar position, probably more durable than stock clamps [they are made for kids]...

the aftermarket clamps are going to be a lot more comfortable, and easier to ride aggressive with, since it doesn't feel like you're going to tip over when standing up! haha

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead but this is the most informational thread ive found about doing this...but I'm still wondering if there are any detailed instructions on doing this. Im looking for the cheapest way to get my 65 front end on...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Like posted in this thread just give pax a call and order up the bearings That's the cheapest/easiest way of doing it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Like posted in this thread just give pax a call and order up the bearings That's the cheapest/easiest way of doing it.
Alright, now if I were to just get a Fox Float would it sit alright? Ive seen some photos of 65 forks with stock swingarm and it didnt look choppered at all...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts