PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a similar post to this one somewhere...but mines different. Whats the most basic setup that i could run to get some torque out of my bike. I'm running bone stock as far as the motor goes right now. Will an intake help out much? What about a simple 88cc cylinder and flat top piston with a stock head? Nobody has a bike with a bbk i can try out where i live to feel the difference. I'm looking for roll on torque to pull me out of corners better, and to make it easier to lift the front end.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will it be fine with the stock carb and intake and head? anybody have a guess at where the HP would be set up just like that? i'm guessing 3-4 HP. 4 might be high? Is there anybody running a setup just like the one i described? (88cc cylinder with flat top piston and everything else stock)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
First get a foam filter.. Bigist difference for 15$

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't put on a foam filter or a rev box on your stock engine. You will lose torque. I don't have any experience with just an 88 with stock carb etc. But if you do go for a complete 88 kit Ditch the cam and buy a BBR cam. The Tak. and Kitaco cams are desingned for top end ( I am not sure about the other kits TB etc...) I have got a s stage, ported head by Logan, bbr cam and lightened flywheel. Lots of torque and super smooth power. This is the perfect setup for me. I don't want too much top end power. I'm gettin old and could fall and break a hip.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The TB cam seems to make alot of torque. I can grunt mine around in 2nd gear with 15/37 gearing at just above idle, hell, I can even let it pull itself along on just idle, granted it isnt very smoothe lol. But its pretty torquy, just twist the throttle and pull up slightly and you are doing a standup wheelie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.