PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
once i get some money (couple weeks) im going to be in the market for a taller bar kit. i looked at the BBR kit on crfsonly.com and its only $132. thats pretty cheap, it includes everything but the mounting plate, ill just use my stock one for now. Does anyone have this kit? any problems or anything i should know before buying.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why would you need the clamp. isnt it the same width of the stock bars just longer? i dont want to spend close to $200 for a bar kit. That is a rediculouse amount of money company's are charging for some shiny metal. If thats the case then i have a xl100 that has everything i need to convert the bars to my 50.

· Registered
245 Posts
you must be new to 50s, 200 for a part is not as ridiculous as you would think judging from some parts for them, actually, it is the most basic mod and for 200, its pretty cheap!

· Registered
2,556 Posts
lilblueCT said:
why would you need the clamp. isnt it the same width of the stock bars just longer? i dont want to spend close to $200 for a bar kit. That is a rediculouse amount of money company's are charging for some shiny metal. .

lol welcome to the 50 industry

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, the mini industryis booming. i see a lot of stuff you can get for the little guys cost more then it would for my cr250! $100 for a complete bbr kit? thats not bad. anyone else selling a used kit with everything (cables, throttle ect...) i might decide to go new, im not sure yet. i get the bike this weekend :wink: . ive been looking around at bar kits and i really like the tag metals bar kit but thats still pricey. we'll see what happens

· Registered
12,579 Posts
Do this

Thats a magura throttle with cable and carb cap= 40 $

Fast 50s bar clamp 100 $

biks shop azonic bars 10$ ( i always like the bars bend on my bicycles)

bike shop shorty brake lever 10$

Terry Cable long front brake cable 20$

Some grinding will have to be done on the brake lever to get heavy gauge cable through.

180 dollars. Actually I got all the bike shop stuff free from our good friends at the bike shop. So, it was only 160. I dont think i spent that much, but you can barter like I can with locl shops.

Oh yeah MONTCLAIR YAMAHA helped me out on that clamp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.