PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night July 17th at Chattanooga Motocross Park we will be holding a mini sx race with a all new mini sx track with step on / step off, bowl turns, woops, sx double and one un-real "Nascar Style" Talladega back stretch, all designed just for 50's we will have computerized transponder scoring, live announcer, track is under lights, etc... this will be the most impressive 50 race ever in our area!!!! also on the same nite we are holding our pro/amatuer mx challange with 2,000.00 pro purse and 2,000.00 in amature awards so theres gonna be alot of spectating, the mini sx will start qualifiers at 4:00 pm and mains start at intermisson of the big race, this is going to be a big event for mini riders so everyone help spread the word!

classes are

XR 50 stock (handlebar kits allowed) 16 yrs and up

XR 50 mod (anything goes) 16 yrs and up

XR 50 stock (handlebar kits allowed) 15 and under

XR 50 mod (anything goes) 15 and under

TTR 90, KLX 110, DRZ 110 and xr 70 class 14 yrs. and up

All extreme and other performance 4 stroke 50's are considered mod and are welcome!

Owners will post some pictures of the 50 track this week assuming on their site! Trophys given to the top finishers!

More info on the above post, call

423-488-3734 or visit www.southerndirt.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
speedracer said:
yeah it seems like the pit bike classes r on the side of

a big bike race. If they have a pit bike only race I would

def. come.

Speed it's a pitbike only track that means only the mini's together on a seperate track. Make the trip it'll be worth it i'm going to be there with a huge crew from GA.

·
Registered
328 Posts
well...we just got back from chattanooga. When we got there they were calling for scattered showers, we got there a few hours early so we went out to eat, as soon as we got in the restoruant it started dumpin the rain, we drove to the track after to see the damage, there was literally a river flowing through the big bike track and th parking lot/road. So me, jcminis and milan harris from precision go to check out the 50 track. to our amazment it wasent even finished, and the parts that were finished were pithitic. so after almost 400 miles of driving all we did was go out too eat. What a wonderfull day.

·
Registered
328 Posts
to tell you the trouth the rain wasent the biggest disopiontment. It was the track that wasent even done being built. you couldent even see the layout of the track. we did watch the weather anf we thought it wasent goin to hit us. or at least hit us as hard as it did.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
so when is some one gonna build a full on mini national track,this track had two bumps and what looked like a couple of turns,,i would not have paid money to ride even if the conditions were perfect,,,but the big bike tracklooked like serious mini fun,,,wouldnt want to race a big bike on it either,,,but id run my mini LATER JC

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm with you I was let down by the Chatt race

I did talk to the owner he said the track flooded before they could do final track prep or put out banners.I've been to big bike races there and the weather seams to play a big role.I haven't seen that track finished,but I've raced at the other track inFT.Oglethorpe a few times and had a blast.Unless its a monsoon that place is racing,and the track stays in good shape.I've never been there when the track was the same for more than a 2-3 races.I know now this last race they made the track way longer and it had big berms,a small double,big table top,and some sweet ski jumps.I've yet to see the E.ridge track,but if they do it the same I'm there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.