PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
CHAIN????

Hey MX,

420 is the size and about 119 links? I think.

Anybody else????

I know the size is right but you need to know the length in the amount

of links alot more than your stock one

Thanks hope this helped OLDSCHOOL #38

·
Registered
140 Posts
My five 0 swingarm is 2 inches longer and I think I cut my chain down from 120 links to 87 or 89.. I am not sure... I will count it later and give you an accurate number. I just put the adjusters on the swingarm where I wanted and left some room for adjustment and then fitted the chain, counted the links and cut it. I am not sure if that is the correct way.. as everyone I asked told me to do it that way. Does anyone know if it makes a diff how many links are in it?

·
Registered
438 Posts
sydeshowbob said:
My five 0 swingarm is 2 inches longer and I think I cut my chain down from 120 links to 87 or 89.. I am not sure... I will count it later and give you an accurate number. I just put the adjusters on the swingarm where I wanted and left some room for adjustment and then fitted the chain, counted the links and cut it. I am not sure if that is the correct way.. as everyone I asked told me to do it that way. Does anyone know if it makes a diff how many links are in it?

The easiest way and best way I hjave found is to rap the chain around both sprockets on the bike and slide the rear wheel all the way up in the adjusters. See where yhou need to go and if its not dead on go to the nxt link and cut their. This was your running a little bit shorter wheel base which is better for cornering and jumping, and since you just added a couple inches to your wheelbase it is now plenty long enough for stability.

The other reason for doing it this way when you do get a little chain stretch youll find your self smack in the middle of the chain adjudtment...

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I agree with Racer... but what my deal is.. the little block that is welded to teh swingarm that keeps you rear brake drum from spinning around. well.. it mus be a little too big.. because I could only get my wheel maybe halfway to the frame. ... so that only allows me to adjust my chain at the halfway mark on my swingarm. I thought about may grinding down either the little block on the frame or the brake drum lock thing. It only needs to be shaved a little bit and maybe I can snug the wheel up closer to the front. What do you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.