PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used XR50 that bogs off and on while WFO. The guy I bought it from send he sent the CDI into White Brother's to have it remapped, but I doubt that is true. I was going to buy a Kitaco CDI, but thought I'd ask if this was a symptom of a bike hitting the rev limiter. I thought it might be jetting, but I've rejetted with no success. So, it seems to me to be the next logical thing to try since the carb and float looks good.

Anyone have any feedback?

·
Registered
8,362 Posts
HEY DUDE,

NEVER HEARD ANYBODY OR COMPANY THAT DOES THAT, WHOULD BE CHEAPER JUST TO BUY ONE NEW.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
hold up let me put my boots on. ok now that its gettin deep in here with the bs. there is NO remappable CDI yet for the xr/crf 50 there are some in the works but none yet. as far as him sending it into white brothers he is just pullin your chain. is your bike stock or do you have a pipe/filter combo. if you have a pipe and filter depending on your elevation you should be running a #62 main jet. and if you dont have a rev box get one. they are all about the same as far as performance so try and find one cheap. i see white brothers ones on ebay all day long. check your jet and get a rev box and it should b fine the only other thing that sometimes does that is when you need to adjust your valves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! Yeah, just what I figured. No big deal, I got a great price on the bike. It has a big bore kit on it and I think it's the 81cc kit. It runs great except when running for more than 1/2 block at WFO. I have to get a CDI for my stock bike anyway, so I will give it a try. The guy also said that the wiring didn't bypass the key.......that one was easy to prove wrong!

·
Registered
989 Posts
mine did that too, till i went way leaner on my mainjet. I used the 20mm mikuni from dratv which i didn't realize came with a 180 main. So I dropped it size by size and ended up with a 110 main. Now its perfect.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 20mm keihin carb that had a #92 main and changed it all the way down to a #80 and it still had the bog at WFO. I checked the plug and it looked lean on the #80, so I changed it back to a #85 and will get a rev limiter and adjust the valves. I'm going to be going in for an ACL reconstruction surgery soon, so after a couple of months I'll have nothing better to do than play with my bike. Too bad I won't be able to ride it. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
461 Posts
and might as well add that bryce has kitaco rev boxes for sale, so get on it if u want one.... it will help alot...

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
your timing is off a tooth, but it could also be not getting enough gas, but youve already looked into that.

ive seen it happen, once your timing is dead on your set.

i still reccomend getting a new cdi too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.