PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
i got a carbon fiber skid plate, those seem to be hot sellers if u price them right. carbon fiber fork guards. carbon fiber number plate, carbon fiber gas tank covor. those are all i can think of right now

·
Registered
269 Posts
We at Sik50s sell a carbon fiber skid plate. It retails for the same as most aluminum skid plates out there but stands out above the rest!

In stock and ready to ship!

Later Atom RoTTeN

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
i think aluminum wouldnt be a very good material to make a skidplate out of, at least for a xr style mount. it has so much flex in front of the welds a fatiuge crack is enevidable. c.f. has properties to withstand that abuse. for any other bits, a gas cap(is that possible?)wheels(am i nuts?)hubs...

this gives me an idea for a new topic in the roost arena :twisted: seeya

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
you guys are nuts! i totalled an aluminum skidplate coming up short on a 30 foot double, did not feel good. it bent so many places like creased it back over the 2 footpeg bolts. if that was a carbon fiber skidplate it would have shattered and my cases would have been cracked. :twisted:

·
Registered
286 Posts
sanowill said:
to add to your list Josh Lahaye was making some carbon fibers[plastics] old xr50 style.

not true the testing st was old style but the new sets that are cominig out are 04 style.

i think they might be in vegas he will be selling them there if he gets them so look for them they are goign ot be sick i know i am getting a set

·
Registered
185 Posts
someone should make a complete carbon fiber bike.make everything completely of carbon fiber.frame,bars,engine,sprocket,even chain.i know its close to impossible and would be extremely hard and expensive but it would be very sweet

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
A complete carbon fiber bike would be good for...? uh a show bike? and even than IMO it'd look like horrible, overkill.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We (Jardine) had this bike in our booth at the Indy show. It's a Synergy Q450, manufactured by a supplier and friend of teh company. The frame is 100% carbon fiber and the bike weighs something like 218lbs completely fueled up. Point being, a complete carbon fiber bike is very possible...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.