1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
The only rebuild kit I've needed so far on my K2 and my son's Z50R has been a compressed air hose, a can of carb cleaner and a torch tip cleaner. Maybe elbow grease is all yours needs. The K2 carb has seen a lot of use since 1971, too. Seems to have held up pretty well. There's not much to go wrong unless you snap something off. The later designs have rubber o-rings and stuff that can wear out, but the only thing in a hardtail carb that seems like it would need occasional replacement is maaaaaaybe the float needle and seat, or the bowl gasket.

Be gentle with the fuel inlet nipple on hardtail carbs. Don't yank the hose off of it; cut it away if you need to. The brass can pull out of the alloy body pretty easily. It can also be shoved in far enough to restrict the fuel flow if you cram the hose on too hard. At least on my spare carb, it was a "soft press fit."

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good Looking Ugly Guy said:
Thanks ub I just might give that a try
I got one of those for my PPC125 and it works just fine. Gets all the fuel out of the tank too with the petcock on the carb instead of high up on the frame. Seems mine was about $22 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts