PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m running the takegawa 88 superhead+r kit and of course the including mikuni wm26 carb. I have problems with the bike now that when I quick give it full throttle it just dies..? I sounds just like it doen´t get enough of gas but with a 26mm carb and 190 main jet? is that possible? Please help me out here, I tried every main jet from 130-190 today, don´t have any more. But does it really need even bigger main jet or what could be the problem?

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
That's ALOT of carb for that motor to make function at low speed with the throttle wide open.

Get the main dialed in so it works good when you roll it on, then focus on dialing in the pilot jet and idle mix to dial out the bog.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mxracer728 said:
That carb is too big for that motor IMO. Go with something smaller, maybe a 22?

The thing is that I soon will stroke it to 106cc but i want it to work fine untill that. Why should the mikuni be in the takegawa 88 sh+r if it isn´t good for that setup? Maybe it whould work better with a bigger (don´t know the word in english, Come from sweden) "little jet" or "slow speed jet"? Hope you understand what i mean. The motor worked much better some months ago when it was colder outside, so i don´t know...

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've got exactly the same takegawa kit on my sons bike, if l roll the throttle it goes ok, l think l'm running a 150 main and 17.5 pilot, for the dirt l think a smaller carb would help, but when it gets going it moves very quickly for a 88cc kit. Will the 106cc stroker kit work with the type r head and the same for the 106 skirtless bore up kit?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
try raising the needle. a carb with an eccelorator pump is what you need honestly. when you crack the gas open there's a huge rush of air and big drop in vacum right away and it takes a second for the air speed to catch up nad create enouhg of a venturi effect to start drawing fuel back up through the emulsion tube. sometimes raising the needle will help a bit, but i have not seen a singe mini motor that could handle being thrust wide open from a dead idle, seems like they always need a little rev build up beore you can get whisky with the throttle

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Kurlon said:
There's always the cheater option... raise the idle once the bike is up to temp.

that's about the only way i know of getting it to respond from dead idle :lol: i actually do that myself most of the time. the bike creeps a little in gear when stopped, but for slowing wheelies way down i don't get that gasp for fuel when i have to gun it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.