1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
i have 3 tips:

#1 practice...... and once your done, practice more

#2 practice without breaking any bones or lossing teeth

#3 avoid breaking bike while practicing

personally i never think that i will attempt a backflip ever....not worth the risk of getting badly hurt and cant ride for months...just not worth it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
load the bike coming up the face of the jump... then gun it off the entire face of the ramp.. when the suspension starts to unload you kinda pull up, straighten your legs and back to where you are arched backwards and the the most important thing is to keep your head tilted back as if you were looking up and back at the sky...

I've never pulled one succcesfully and haven't even tried since my BMX days but those were the pointers i got..i always had a hard time commiting my head to be tilted back the entire way. but your body will follow your heads lead, so you just have to go at it 100%

good luck andwatch some vids of other people to see the correct posture...get some practive vids up for us...we fiend for some big air wipe outs :lol:

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
what are you doing it on? ramp, dirt jump, foam pit? I would think the take off has to be optimized for backflips or your going to have a real hard time.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The most important part of a backflip (I've never done one on a pitbike but I've landed thousands of Mosley's and backflips on my skis) is to arch your back like your trying to touch your goggle strap to your back then when your rotating and can see your landing stay focused on the landing so you don't over rotate bro. Hope it helps.

PS Metzger gave some very helpful tips on Stunt Junkies for executing a sweet backflip. Try to find that footage on Discoverychannel.com or you tube.

Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.