PlanetMinis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone please help me lol. im having the worst of time trying to get the stupid exhaust on. i know its made for my bike. ive tried everything. im having the troubles where it keeps hitting the sub frame that why it wont connect in the middle all the way. Anybodu out there have this exhaust and have had the experience putting it on! Please help me!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Babbott16 said:
someone please help me lol. im having the worst of time trying to get the stupid exhaust on. i know its made for my bike. ive tried everything. im having the troubles where it keeps hitting the sub frame that why it wont connect in the middle all the way. Anybodu out there have this exhaust and have had the experience putting it on! Please help me!


some pics would go a long way in aid. Not sure what you mean by "connect in the middle". I just put a D section BB on my bike and it fit perfectly as did my older BBR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post pics up tommorrow. It's where it comes apart in the middle. I can get the header on with ease and then connect muffler end to front part but won't push in all the way bc it's hitting my sub frame! It's not bent or anything! I put my yosh on with ease and the stock exhaust!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I didn't realize the standard pipe is two piece, my old one and new BB D2 are one piece. And on the new pipe, the muffler section mounts inside the rear seat stay with a spacer.

You run the bolt in from under the fender.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,272 Posts
as tj said get a pic so we can see issue or call BBR they are very helpful ask for Larry.

You said pipe is two piece's, sounds like a perimeter pipe....stock frame style is all one piece.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
squidwell said:
as tj said get a pic so we can see issue or call BBR they are very helpful ask for Larry.

You said pipe is two piece's, sounds like a perimeter pipe....stock frame style is all one piece.


Exactly!!

It does sound like you are trying to put a "Perimeter 110" system onto a stock frame.

Perimeter systems are two piece and will not fit the stock frame without serious modifications.

Stock frame systems are one piece and are close to the frame but do bolt up with no problems.



Pictures would help too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will post pics up tonight. I'm justthinking I'm getting the angles wrong lol.. Who knows!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of modifications need to be done to it?? No anybody who needs one who will trade or buy?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Babbott16 said:
What kind of modifications need to be done to it?? No anybody who needs one who will trade or buy?


It isn't something the average garage mechanic would be able to do.

It would have to be cut apart then cut and re-configured and re-welded. It IS possible but not unless you are adventurous.



It will be a hard to find a buyer for the Perimeter Frame System.

There are about 600-700 perimeter frames out there but over 100,000 stock framed bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much would u guys charge to fix it for me?

I shoul have jut stuck with my old ehaust. Instead guy ripped me off and traded me an exhaust that wasn't for my bike. But again I'll post pics up tonight of the exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
there are the pics!! i currently have a zip tie to hold it on since the muffler dont lay flat to the frame to bolt in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
that looks like it will fit if you mount it like i said before, the muffler tab goes to the inside of the seat stay and bolts through backwards. may need a spacer or shim with washers until it mates up flat. That is how they go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmmm i will go check that out tonight... i just have never had this much trouble. and never had an exhaust bolt up on the inside
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top