PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possable to add healights and tail lights to a stock 1980 Honda z50? If so, what would I need to do or add to my bike to make this happen? Thanks in advance for any suggestion. GW

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Well you will need brackets and the head and tail lights them self. Then you will need a stator with the extra output for lighting and a power voltage regulator or rectafier if you are going to run a charging system and a battery. A few other things you may want is a left hand control that you can used to turn the headlight to high or low, as well you may want brake light triggers for the front hand lever and the rear foot lever.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I'll need to get brackets, tail lights and head lights. I'm more interested on how to get the Honda motor to make electricity. I don't want a charging system either because I don't plan on using any batteries.

·
Registered
804 Posts
See, this topic interests me because of my planned journey across the country on my 1993 z50. I will need to "street legalize" it with lights and stuff. I will be like the Christopher Columbus of the mini world! The first person to ride a mini across the USA. By the way; for anyone interested in tagging a long I am located on the east coast, so my trip will be heading west from east.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Portland said:
See, this topic interests me because of my planned journey across the country on my 1993 z50. I will need to "street legalize" it with lights and stuff. I will be like the Christopher Columbus of the mini world! The first person to ride a mini across the USA. By the way; for anyone interested in tagging a long I am located on the east coast, so my trip will be heading west from east.

nice.

are you going to make your gas tank an extra capacity one?

i thought about this(getting an extra tank or some heavy duty plastic and welding up spaces to make the tank bigger) never did it though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.