PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha guys! I recently acquired this random pit bike. The previous owner said it was at least 10 years old or something. Anyway it's got a 125 semi auto on there with an electric start. It's like a mini dual sport with a speedo, headlight, and the harness looks like it has everything for the tail and blinkers too. It's got 12 inch mags on there. There are no markings on the frame at all. It's got that same kind of shape like an SSR. No idea if the first owner added things to it. Anything will help haha. Thanks in advance!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
10,544 Posts
It looks like something a PO cobbled together with anything extra he had laying around. It isn't an SSR, the thin gauge steel and cheaply-made parts are far below the SSR standards. The plastics appear to be KLX 110 style, and the 3/8" ratchet extension for a footpeg is a nice touch

·
Registered
128 Posts
Deffs unique not real sure but I like the wheels there very cool!! looks like a crf50 style frame with klx 110 plastics looks like youl have your work cut out for you no doubt be a great project 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It looks like something a PO cobbled together with anything extra he had laying around. It isn't an SSR, the thin gauge steel and cheaply-made parts are far below the SSR standards. The plastics appear to be 110 style, and the 3/8" ratchet extension for a footpeg is a nice touch
Funny thing you mentioned the extension as the PO asked if he could get that back once I started building the bike. 🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for the response though!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deffs unique not real sure but I like the wheels there very cool!! looks like a crf50 style frame with klx 110 plastics looks like youl have your work cut out for you no doubt be a great project 👍
Yeah those little mags are the reason I took the bike off his hands haha. Right now I'm in the process of making some brackets for a cradle, some new foot peg Mounts, and maybe a bar across to the front for some strength. I also threw in a manual 125 in there. Having a hard time finding some of the parts for the bike though. Def unique, but I am having fun with it for sure!! I just ordered the mini crf110 plastics kit from tbolt. I think she's gonna look pretty sweet when I finish 😁

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone know what style of brakes go on here? It's definitely disk breaks, but the only pit bike I had and sold had the ones that mounted with the axle bolt. This one has these little tabs. I could just be brain farting, but my head is going in circles. 🤣 If anything I will just mount one of the extras callipers I have with some bracket welding on the swing arm 🤣 Also have been having some trouble finding the brake disk with three mounting holes instead of 4.
Musical instrument Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Gadget Engineering
Wood Musical instrument accessory Material property Rectangle Tints and shades
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire White

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now that’s how you do it. Wearied cheap bike and go to town. Eager to see the finished product!
Haha exactly! I guess I'll upload some photos here as I progress. Man there is just not enough hours in a day. I've cut out some brackets and welded them on as a cradle. Currently working on new tabs and mounts for the seat, gas tank, and plastics to fit. Apparently I thought it was similar to an SSR125 frame and boy was I wrong 🤣🤣🤣 Then I'll start painting everything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh and also I bought a swing arm, which when I got it was welded so crooked, so I ended up grinding off the welds, taking off one side, and welding it back straight. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

1 - 13 of 13 Posts