PlanetMinis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that xr100 friction plates fit in a TAK clutch?

I have a Takegawa special clutch for my 50 and I was told that the friction plates are the same as the ones in an xr100.

Anyone know if this is right and what year xr100 they would come from?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I went ahead and bought some xr100 clutch plates and they are in fact exact replacements.

They are a little more expensive than getting them from a Takegawa dealer but at least you know they will work if you must have them.

I have called all of the Takegawa dealers in the US and not one of them have any in stock.

I know I can't be the only one looking for these before Vegas.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Yah leave it to the sorry ass Japan importers not to have anything anyone needs in stock,its ridiculous. Seems like they would order alot of extra parts(at least the stuff everyone needs and buys),but no they just tell you"4 to 8 weeks",dumb f-ckers.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ibmike13 said:
Yah leave it to the sorry ass Japan importers not to have anything anyone needs in stock,its ridiculous. Seems like they would order alot of extra parts(at least the stuff everyone needs and buys),but no they just tell you"4 to 8 weeks",dumb f-ckers.
That's funny, It's almost like you talked to them yourself. That is exactly what almost everyone of them told me.

The '07 Parts Unlimited Off-Road Catalog lists the KG Clutch Factory plates for the '81-'05 XR100/CRF100 right HERE, part#KG068-4 or #KG068-4HPK, for $26.95.

- dirtbkr188 -

Thanks dirtbkr.

I will keep this for future reference.

I had to pay $11.00 a disk. And that clutch takes 5 disks.

I think that a clutch kit for an xr100 only has 3 disks.

I found out also that these are the same disks that are in the cr85's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.